The Hunter-Dulin Building, at the corner of Sutter and Montgomery Streets, was completed and opened for occupancy in 1927. It would serve as the West Coast headquarters for the National Broadcasting Company for the next fifteen years.
The reception lobby, executive and business offices and production departments were located on the second and third floors. The broadcasting studios, each with its own control room and monitor's booth, were on the 21st and 22nd floores. Also housed on these floors were the music library, the largest of its kind west of New York, and the master control room, the distribution point for incoming and outgoing programs.
This is the floor plan of the 22nd floor, drawn from memory by Bill Andrews.
Copyright 2014 -
John F. Schneider & Associates, LLC