Birt Fisher leased the license of KFQX after its owner, Roy Olmstead, went to prison for violation of the prohibition act. He changed the call letters to KTCL and operated it from 1925-26. (KCTL later became KXA.) When he lost the lease of the station, he convinced O.D. Fisher of the Fisher Flouring Mills Co. to start a new station, KOMO, in 1927, and then managed the station from 1927 to 1946. Fisher then retired to his ranch in Ellensburg until his death in 1961.
[Return to Home Page]