Terminal Sales Building

Terminal Sales BuildingSt Regis Hotel

In 1924, KJR moved into the ten-story Terminal Sales Building at 1932 First Avenue in Belltown (left). Opened in 1923, the building served as a sales and display center for distributors doing business with nearby retailers like Frederick and Nelson and the Bon Marché. The imposing gothic building is now on the National Register of Historic Places.

The KJR antenna was suspended between the Terminal Sales Building and the St. Regis Hotel (right), located on the opposite side of the block.  (This photo of the St. Regis predates KJR.)