Whitcomb Hotel in the Civic Center area was KFRC's first home in 1924.
The studio was a converted hotel room on the second floor -- a single
room hung with "monk's cloth", decorated with a few shaded lamps, and
with a lone microphone and a piano. The transmitter was located in a
shack on the roof of the hotel, and an L-type antenna was suspended
between two 100-foot ships' masts.
John F. Schneider & Associates, LLC