and Sherwood Brunton
was started by Julius Brunton and Sons, the operators of a Willard
Storage Battery shop in San Francisco. The sons were Sherwood
Brunton, 1886-1947; Ralph Brunton, 1891-1962; and Mott
Brunton. They managed the station from 1925 to 1944.
Ralph Brunton also purchased KQW in 1934 and sold it to CBS
in 1949. Because of Ralph's ownership of KQW, the Bruntons
were required to sell KJBS in 1944 when the FCC passed its duopoly
rule, prohibiting the ownership of two stations in a single community.
John F. Schneider & Associates, LLC