Stafford Warner, KLS

Stafford Warrner

Brothers Stafford and Eugene Warner. ran a small wireless shop in Oakland in the 1920s. Their store radio station, 6XAM, was licensed as broadcasting station KLS in 1922.   In 1936, the studios were moved to 21st Street (now 22nd Street) on what is now Kaiser property in Oakland. The Warners leased the entire second floor of a building there, and started what they called "Warner Brothers Radio Village".

Copyright 2014
John F. Schneider & Associates, LLC