A view of the KWID, San Francisco, GE 100kw transmitter installed in the KSFO transmitter building at Islais Creek. During World War II and after it was used by the Office of War Information and was eventually developed as the first USIA/VOA stations. Thetransmitter was later acquired by Far East Broadcasting Company in 1956, and it was eventually installed KSBU Okuma, Okinawa in 1960 as an AM transmitter. When Okinawa reverted to full Japanese control, the transmitter was sent to FEBC Saipan. Photo courtesy of FEBC.